Members of CCIS must be qualified as section 501(c) (3) organizations under the Internal Revenue Code and belong to the Independent School Association of the Central States (ISACS) or a comparable accrediting organization, or otherwise approved by the Board of Directors. Provisional membership may also be granted by the Board of Directors as a school works towards accreditation. School membership demands a vote by the Board of Trustees with two thirds voting in favor of granting membership status.
To apply for CCIS membership a school must meet the following qualifications:
- Three or more years of operation
- 501(c)(3) non-profit status
- Independent governing board
- Clearly stated mission and philosophy
- Commitment to accreditation process
- Non-discriminatory policies and practices in admissions, employment and all other aspects of school operation as provided by law
Dues are assessed annually and based on the size of a school. Member schools are required to pay CCIS dues in accord with the policies and procedures established by the board of directors. Annual membership payment is due by the 15th of August, following the start of a new fiscal year, July 1st, in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the board of directors.